Cloud Computing is the means of delivering all IT from computer applications, software, business processes, messaging, and collaboration to end users as a service wherever and whenever they need it. It is a paradigm for delivering IT where rapid provisioning is an important characteristic for computing resources, data applications and IT.
Cloud computing is the service and deployment model using large resource pool-based provisioning of virtual or physical resources in a service model using the internet or intranet.
Advantage of Cloud Computing
- Strategic Edge – Cloud computing helps us to access the latest applications any time without spending our time and money on installations.
- High Speed – Cloud computing makes it possible to quickly integrate our service with smaller clicks. This rapid deployment enables us to procure the cash registers required for our system within a few moments.
- Reliability – Through cloud computing we can always get instantly update about the changes.
- Mobility – Employees who are working on the premises or at the remote locations can easily access all they cloud services. All they need its internet connectivity.
Disadvantage of Cloud Computing
- Performance Can Vary – When we are working in a loud environment, our application is running on the server which simultaneously provides resources to other business that can affect the performance of our shared resources.
- Lack of Support – Cloud computing companies do not provide adequate support to guests. Also, they want their stoner to rely on PAQs or online help, which can be a tedious job for non-technical people.
Several Issues Related to Cloud Computing are
Security Issues: Some of the security problems which are faced by the cloud computing are as follows:
- Data Integrity – If there is data on a pall, anyone from any position can pierce that data off the pall. Cloud does not differentiate between a sensitive data from a common data thus enabling anyone to access sensitive data.
- Data Theft – Most of the cloud vendors instead of acquiring a server try to lease a server from other service provides because they are cost effective and flexible for operation.
- Security on Vendor Level – Seller should make sure that the garcon is well secured from all the external pitfalls it may come through. A pall is good only when there’s good security handed by the seller to the guests.
- Information Security – Security related to the information exchanges between different hosts or between hosts and user. These issues pertaining to secure communication, authentication, issues concerning ingle sign on and delegation.
Data Issues – Various data problems in cloud computing are as follows:
- Data Loss – If the vendor closes due to financial or legal problems there will be a loss of data fo the customers. The customers will not be able to access those data for the customers. The customers will not be able to access those data because data is no more available for the customer as the vendor shot down.
- Data Confidentially and Auditability – Current cloud offerings are essentials public networks, exposing the system to more attacks. Auditability could be added an additional saver beyond the reach of the virtualized guest OS providing facilities arguably more secure than those built in to the applications themselves and centralizing to a single logical layer.
- Server Level Agreements – Depending on the purpose of the further use of the data, it is important to agree on binding service situations for vacancy and data recovery and, if necessary, to secure them with supporting penalties in the event of non-compliance with the agreed service situations.
- Data Integrity – One of the biggest concerns with cloud data storage is the verification of data integrity at untrusted servers, and how to deal with sensitive data. It is not an easy task to maintain customer’s most sensitives cloud data securely, which is needed in many applications for clients.
Energy Related Issues – Various energy issue are as follows –
- Cloud computing is rapidly growing in importance as increasing numbers of enterprises and individuals are shifting their workload to cloud service providers.
- The electricity costs for running a large cluster structure of multiple data centers can be enormous. In fact, Pall service providers often have to pay for the peak current they draw as well as the energy they consume.
Fault Tolerance –
- Fault tolerance is one of the issues of cloud computing. Fault tolerance is concerned with all the technique necessary to enable a system to tolerate software faults.
- These software faults may or may not manifest themselves during system’s operations, but when they do, software fault tolerant techniques should provide the necessary mechanisms of the software systems to prevents system failure occurrences.